Taking a note from the page of other reviewers (almost verbatim to Layman’s Flashlight Reviews), we believe it would be best to include these Terms and Conditions to protect both The Lite Review (TLR) and the contents of this website.
Henceforth, TLR shall be referred to as “The Author” in the following texts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSLY AGREED UPON THE TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR SENDING PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS FOR REVIEW AND FOR PUBLISHING REVIEWS OF PRODUCTS AND MATERIALS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- These Terms and Conditions are effective immediately, apply to any and all samples/materials sent, and supersedes any previous agreements, verbal, written, or otherwise. We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time and without notice.
- All samples and materials sent to The Author shall become the property of The Author and will NOT be returned to the sender. Requests to have the samples and materials returned will not be entertained.
- You agree not to charge The Author any fees, costs, or other compensatory charges in exchange for keeping samples and materials sent for review.
- Samples and materials sent for review may get damaged or destroyed as part of the reviewing process.
- You agree not to hold The Author liable for the cost of samples and materials that are lost or damaged in the shipping process, either to or from The Author.
- By sending samples and materials for review you agree to the following:
- The review will be published on the Internet in full public view. The choice of forums and sites is up to me, and the review will be linked to the post kept on this site. I will also link to my own review in postings on various forums and sites, as I deem appropriate. Currently, I publish all my reviews on my own website (thelitereview.com) and often on candlepowerforums.com (user: mcorp) but there are no guarantees that the review will be posted anywhere but here.
- You take the risk of the review being unfavorable and accept the fact that unfavorable reviews will still be published.
- You accept the fact that the honest opinions of the reviewer will be stated in the review.
- You accept that, although an honest attempt will be made to accurately represent information about the product or materials being reviewed, no guarantees are made as to the accuracy of the information presented in the review.
- You agree not to hold The Author liable in any way for damages, consequential or otherwise, that result from your participation in the review process.
- Reviewed materials become the property of The Author and will NOT be returned.
- If you send samples or materials for review that have already been reviewed on the site, the following applies:
- If The Author mistook that the said samples or materials had not been reviewed even though it had been reviewed, the author will ship them back to you at The Author’s cost.
- If you sent the samples or materials without first confirming with The Author if it had already been reviewed, The Author can either keep the samples or materials, or ship them back at your cost. Please choose your preference.
- Reviews are generally completed in the order received. A variety of factors may affect the order of the reviews. No guarantee is made that they will be completed in the order received.
- Demands on The Author’s time dictate the rate at which reviews will be completed. No guarantee is made regarding the time it will take to complete and post reviews.
- Review format may vary and include or exclude various tests, descriptions, and features. No guarantee is made regarding the format or contents of the review.
- The Author will add an acknowledgement in the review that you provided the sample for review, but that all opinions contained within the review are my own.
BY SENDING SAMPLES OR MATERIALS FOR REVIEW, YOU AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS & CONDITIONS LISTED ABOVE.
If you do not agree with any of the above stated terms or conditions, please DO NOT send samples or materials for review.